Ormion

I WON'T DANCE-VARIOUS

Posted Image

TRACKLIST:

1.Spies-Reminiscence (Merge rmx)

2.Drop Out-Deep

3.Johann & Har-El-Colours

4.Section X-And Now Pilot

5.Eat Static-Lab Rats (Science Of The Gods rmx)

6.Carcharodon-Predamption

7.Joujouka-Don't Think feel!! (Joujouka rmx)

8.Dogma 3000-Victim

9.Kode IV-Fortuna

10.Quark-Quickening

Weird compilation compiled by Haris Papadimitriou.

I'll be honest...I just bought it because it was an offer.The tracklist looks so weird and I know that some of these artists don't produce Psy anymore, but I gave it a try.

First track is from Spies.Never heard anything from Holeg & The Spies before. More downtempo than dance.It has a dark bass and heavy percussion,very simple for me but really atmospheric.Weird track.

Next is Magnus from BOTFB with his project Drop Out.Dark bassline anf hard kick with some cool sounds floating,it's hard enough but funky too,especially in the last minutes with some nice beautiful melodies in the backround.Although it's a bit monotonous it's a very good track!

Next is aninteresting collaboration betwenn Johann Bley & Har-El Prussky.Dark bass again but I consider it as a morning track.I was expected more from this guys..The melodies are only a few but again an ok track.

Section X come next.I loved some of their old tracks but I don't dig their new stuff.

Percussive Techno all the way.Fast kick,snares,superfst hi-hats and a horrible sample,it's boooring for me.

The legend is next.Lab Rats is a compination of Psy trance with breakbeat and some indian melodies & distorted sounds, kinda like hard 303,but I'm not sure. Sometimes is good but it sounds a bit "cheap" especially with this boring melody repeat itself for some minutes and the bad production, the build up is great though.

Carcharodon now are Section X and Xavier Morel.It starts like a typical Sec X track 150bpm+ and furious hi-hats.Then a bassline comes and when you thought it will be something different you realise it's another boom,ppsi,boom,ppsi all the way track.The only thing it changes is that every 20 seconds a new kick,snare,hi-hat,tom or whatever starts.For me it's the most boring track ever listen in my life.

Tsuyoshi's Joujouka next,you know them.8O'S electro-funky-house-psy-rock or whatever.Not that bad but this funky guitar ruins the whole track.

Victim now is more progressive Psy than something experimental.Some morning tunes but not my cup of tea again.

And time for the best track.Kode IV gives us a Psy track (and not Industrial) with a very nice melody.Kinda old-school but a bit simple, this track is very good and it could be even better with more melodic parts.

Last track from Quark Ollie Olsen's project.Psy-Harmonics style,dark with some strange melodies.I think it will work better if it has a 4/4 kick than these drums and it didn't has this awful singing parts!!

I can't give a final rating cause it's not the kind of style I like,but if you wanna try something different give it a try.

Best:1,2,3,9