2 Down Effects

3 Koncept

4 Flow

5 Natural

6 Osama

7 Inquiry

8 Quem Falou?

9 Leave

Without doubt Kompset belongs to the under-rated psytrance artist category, for sure they produce their own sonic universe which is situated out of beaten tracks based on fat,heavy percussive & diversified rythmic elements with also a special focus on dark,tribal,indus sounds & E.B.M+ tech/hardtek influences. The little fail would be the not always very trancey connected sounding result (tracks 2,3,5,6,9) that might be repulsive to an important part of usual psytrance stuffs listeners .

I would say without big certainty that Nitrate belongs to a most fullonish build up compared with the rest of the album, indeed i’d draw near to Phoetus – Groovy Symptomes style.

Flow sounds more traditionnal full on stuff but flat & boring.

Praetorious is tribal groovy.

Osama has an nice electric but repetitivegroove in it, unfortunatly i don’t catch on the orientalish electric guitar played melody.

There’s a good collapsing rythmic trick tone for the clap starting at 1’05. I find Inquiry also to be much tribal flavoured with this resonnating metallic rythmic element at 2’00 (if someone know the percussion’s name, would like to learn it ; Asian coppered tambourine : Gamelan ? ).

Like all Kompset’s production, Quem Falou ? has a particularly worked rythmic, this time you’ve got the brazilian touch, with a background samba/batucada background feeling for me; at 5’38 the 303 lines happens conferring a trippier atmosphere.

Kompset Leave us with an hypnotical indus fat rythmic groove, catchy if you’re tolerant to these sort of dull sounds , plus an unexpected asian tone for the melody on the end at 5’46.

Climax :1,7

Attractive tunes :5,8,9

If Kompset succeds in crossing the stage of better combinate their actual trademarks with a more psytrancey environnement without compromising their dull underground sonic textures, they should have normally their name growing soon but the equation isn’t easy though.

6/10