Manuser

Uni - Venus (Panorama records, 2003)

1. Spotted Mesa

2. Regibell

3. Divided Life

4. Venus

5. Vagabond

6. Green Tuff

7. Venus, Disco Aphrodite (Mix By Ubartmar)

8. Green Tuff, Green Dub (Mix By Fabric Of Reality)

Uni (from Japan) makes unique music. In this album, you'll find real instruments, like guitars and violins, and real drums also. Creative, original, imaginative are the words to describe this album. For 2003, the rhythm, i mean the kickdrum and the basslines, sounds old and simple, all the attention is put on the melodies.

My favourite tracks are 1- Spotted Mesa, it got a nice old school sound, and really trancey ambience,

2-Regibell, amazing use of violins in a melodic psytrance track, and 5-Vagabond which also consists in using violins, guitars too, creating a great atmosphere, dark at a moment. I thought of old Infected mushrooms during this track...

On the whole album, you got some nice uses of drums, dubbish passages, mind-blowing sounds, and as i said it got my respect because it is unique psytrance which doesn't follow the typical formulas.

If you like old school psy, listen to this album, indeed it sounds old school because of the melodic effort, and the basic rhythms.

The production could be better, but I like this CD for its originality.

7/10.

wow i had no idea they had released something in 2003 as well... very interesting. I think the production could use a little improvement (even for la movin) but in deed their ideas are fresh and very original...

• 1 year later...