Keeping the Review SpamFree?

Guest Rain

maybe we should have an option that when someone writes a second review about the same ablum it goes directly under the first review... so all the reviews first appear and then the comments....

381218[/snapback]

this idea, nobody is replying ???

so bad ??

I really like it :unsure:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little reminder: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=335683

I wonder what made you change your mind about the spam and "chit chat" going on in the reviews?

As I see it, you also wanted a change....

381219[/snapback]

nemo .. this is what i posted .. i think it was pretty clear:

to conclude:

- i am for keeping the reviews section clean.

- that's what mods are here for. to keep the reviews section clean. posts that are not related to the release can be deleted after a while. surely tekk will say that he doesn't have time to keep an eye open for everything. i am sure it will not be hard to find a person to keep an eye on the reviews section. not that there is much to moderate there .. let's not forget that if moderation level gets increased, people will be angry and maybe even stop surfing and posting on psynews.

381141[/snapback]

i don't see much of a "forum changing" attitude in what i wrote. i just see the need of a moderator, one that would keep an eye open. which already exists, you.

but the forum is too big for you. so i wouldn't change anything, i'd just ADD a mod.

maybe we should have an option that when someone writes a second review about the same ablum it goes directly under the first review... so all the reviews first appear and then the comments....

this idea, nobody is replying ???

so bad ??

I really like it  :unsure:

381247[/snapback]

I dislike that idea. All posts should be posted in chronological order otherwise it just get's messy and confusing.

Let's just see what the outcome of the poll is and take it from there.

I dislike that idea. All posts should be posted in chronological order otherwise it just get's messy and confusing.

Let's just see what the outcome of the poll is and take it from there.

381251[/snapback]

true I didn't think of that... glad you noticed...

I needed feedback on my latest review and the system isn't going to be built in one day so I opened a thread of my own to get feedback :D

link !

So is "everyone (as in the 3-4 ppl who are bitching)" like extremly busy these days?

1. You come to psynews

2. You read the first post (usually a longish review)

3. Now your time becomes super valuable. Oh my god if there's a comment on the review itself. Or imagine if there are 3! OH MY GOD THE HORROR! After all your time is so fucking valuable. You've got no time for IYO nonsense comments. OH NO! It's all about efficience. You have to be able to read a review after review w/out interruptions. It takes so damn long to scroll over a post or 2..

BEH

So is "everyone (as in the 3-4 ppl who are bitching)" like extremly busy these days?

1. You come to psynews

3. Now your time becomes super valuable. Oh my god if there's a comment on the review itself. Or imagine if there are 3! OH MY GOD THE HORROR! After all your time is so fucking valuable. You've got no time for IYO nonsense comments. OH NO! It's all about efficience. You have to be able to read a review after review w/out interruptions. It takes so damn long to scroll over a post or 2..

BEH

381268[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol: spot on!

1. You come to psynews

BEH

381268[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

381272[/snapback]

Im sorry, but you were one of the first ones to complain about the spam in the voice of cod review. Maybe you should go back and read that? Its funny, how you can complain the one second, and the other, you totally disagree with what this thread is about.

Well, for me its very clear.... isnt it for you?

By the way, this is no personal attack, I just find it UTTER strange...

Im sorry, but you were one of the first ones to complain about the spam in the voice of cod review. Maybe you should go back and read that? Its funny, how you can complain the one second, and the other, you totally disagree with what this thread is about.

Well, for me its very clear.... isnt it for you?

By the way, this is no personal attack, I just find it UTTER strange...

381278[/snapback]

1. the fact that i complained in that thread means that i would like to see the reviews spam-free, yes. you are totally right.

2. that doesn't mean i would make a big change in the forum. i just see the need of a moderator to keep an eye open in the reviews section. the presence of a moderator is something more like NORMAL in a forum, rather than A CHANGE.

3. as i said, there is nothing spam or evil in seeing 2 people saying "nice review" to a person. it is even encouraging for the person who spent hours writing the damn review...

do you get it now nemo? wtf is so UTTER STRANGE? are you trying to demonstrate that i am contradicting myself or something?

this all big fuzz started because of 2 people, Trolsk and SOLO, who were bothered by some people who gave me the "nice review!" comment.

i think i'm starting to get pissed.

ffs. <_<

1. the fact that i complained in that thread means that i would like to see the reviews spam-free, yes. you are totally right.

2. that doesn't mean i would make a big change in the forum. i just see the need of a moderator to keep an eye open in the reviews section. the presence of a moderator is something more like NORMAL in a forum, rather than A CHANGE.

3. as i said, there is nothing spam or evil in seeing 2 people saying "nice review" to a person. it is even encouraging for the person who spent hours writing the damn review...

do you get it now nemo? wtf is so UTTER STRANGE? are you trying to demonstrate that i am contradicting myself or something?

this all big fuzz started because of 2 people, Trolsk and SOLO, who were bothered by some people who gave me the "nice review!" comment.

ffs.  <_<

381289[/snapback]

Why a change? Because the MINUTE the moderator deletes a post that is considered Spam, the members will fall over that moderator like vaultures.

This post is not about you getting credz, if you read my previous posts, you also see that I think you deserved those credz for your review. ;)

But you would like to see less spam as well, and therefore, we should come up with a plan to keep the spam down. You say a moderator? Ok, Mars, what do you think about a moderator just moderating that section? DP Maybe?

Things can always improve, for instance if you reprogram the whole review system. Not only would it become cleaner, but it would be very nice a searchable by labels, year, reviewer or even trackname.

For me this thread is NOT ONLY about the spam, its also about getting new ideas and visions about the review system that we are using.

ffs.  <_<

381289[/snapback]

Well to your information everything is not about your person. So please stop the "victim" role you put on yourself here. Said in a non offensive well meaning way.

Yes I did mention something to Rain about a fan club but that have a long time ago been settled between rain and me and we are fine with eachother. So is there really any need for you to keep going on and on about it? As I said. This thread is not about you Moni. It's about debating if the review system work or not.

Now lets look at the Voice Of Cod review. How much there is actual reviews and how much is spam ? Am I all wrong to say that it's around 25% / 75% ?

So please concentrate on the actual facts that even made you Moni annoyed in the Voice Of Cod review. The facts are that there's way too much spam in that review. And if nessesary I can show other examples of reviews that got spammed.

Now this is my opinion of course and I do not expect other to share it.

Why a change? Because the MINUTE the moderator deletes a post that is considered Spam, the members will fall over that moderator like vaultures.

This post is not about you getting credz, if you read my previous posts, you also see that I think you deserved those credz for your review. ;)

But you would like to see less spam as well, and therefore, we should come up with a plan to keep the spam down. You say a moderator? Ok, Mars, what do you think about a moderator just moderating that section? DP Maybe?

Things can always improve, for instance if you reprogram the whole review system. Not only would it become cleaner, but it would be very nice a searchable by labels, year, reviewer or even trackname.

For me this thread is NOT ONLY about the spam, its also about getting new ideas and visions about the review system that we are using.

381292[/snapback]

so you got my point, finally.

you obviously didn't actually read what i wrote nemo. cause if you did, you would have seen that i offered to be a mod for the reviews section.

or maybe you did see that :rolleyes:

381289[/snapback]

I second that big time !

so you got my point, finally.

you obviously didn't actually read what i wrote nemo. cause if you did, you would have seen that i offered to be a mod for the reviews section.

or maybe you did see that  :rolleyes:

381305[/snapback]

I already had your point taken. I just think diffrently. I think with a little bit of effort, blood, sweat and tears, we can build a complete new section, where you will need LESS moderation, because you already have a set of rules...

But if it comes to the conclusion, that people want MORE moderation, then so be it :) I remember the most people here wanting less moderation, and especially in the review section, or not?

Like I said, the minute you will delete a post that you consider spam, you will get a lot of PM's and you will also get a lot of hostile posts against you..

Here is what its like at the moment (The loop)

Mod deletes: Forum goes totally berserk on the MOD

Mod is passive: Mod gets bashed for not seeing the Spam.

Mod deletes and moves a little bit: Mod gets bashed for moving a couple of posts.

Mod tries to change a couple of things: Mod gets bashed for wanting to destroy the already functioning psynews.

Members complains about spam: Mod deletes the spam

Mod deletes the spam: Other members get angry.

Eternal loop......

Mod deletes and moves a little bit: Mod gets bashed for moving a couple of posts.

Mod tries to change a couple of things: Mod gets bashed for wanting to destroy the already functioning psynews.

Eternal loop......

381326[/snapback]

true... I talke with you, mars & anoebis about this fact on msn...

and I think you should start a whole new thread about that in off topic to solve that problem... to lett the users know, how it feels to moderate psynews and how fucking difficult it is...

I said it many times and will say it again communication and feedback is the key too the solution... ;)

Well to your information everything is not about your person. So please stop the "victim" role you put on yourself here.  Said in a non offensive well meaning way.

381298[/snapback]

i was raised and educated myself so that i never pose as the victim.

this thread started from my review. true or not? cause that's what i said in my post "all this fuzz started because". i didn't make it all about me. juuust the start. true or not? please focus.

Kris, if you tell me that this "reviews section moderation" issue has been on your mind for months, and you even couldn't sleep last night because of it ... well, i'll bow in front of you and pronounce you the king of internet. it just bugs you since my review. interesting timing. and it bugs ESPECIALLY you, who said you will stay off the forum for a while.

also, i thought you were ignoring me, OD, and Majoony. heh, you lied.

I already had your point taken. I just think diffrently. I think with a little bit of effort, blood, sweat and tears, we can build a complete new section, where you will need LESS moderation, because you already have a set of rules...

But if it comes to the conclusion, that people want MORE moderation, then so be it :) I remember the most people here wanting less moderation, and especially in the review section, or not?

Like I said, the minute you will delete a post that you consider spam, you will get a lot of PM's and you will also get a lot of hostile posts against you..

Here is what its like at the moment (The loop)

Eternal loop......

381326[/snapback]

nemo, each person has his/her own way of dealing with situations.

this thread started from my review. true or not? cause that's what i said in my post "all this fuzz started because". i didn't make it all about me. juuust the start. true or not? please focus.

Kris, if you tell me that this "reviews section moderation" issue has been on your mind for months, and you even couldn't sleep last night because of it ... well, i'll bow in front of you and pronounce you the king of internet. it just bugs you since my review. interesting timing. and it bugs ESPECIALLY you, who said you will stay off the forum for a while.

381333[/snapback]

I cant speak for Kris, but this thread is indeed for ME not about YOU.

And yes, the voice of cod review kind of triggered it. I had a look in the review section, and skimmed through a couple of threads. And there in the same thread I also saw YOU complaining about the spam in the review.

That made me thinking, and so, I opened up this thread (Well, Rain also opened up a thread at the same time actually).

Now people suddenly want more moderation, eventhough they didnt want more moderation before. There IS something contradictious about that, im sorry :(

381333[/snapback]

Again you make it into something personal and something about me being against you. As I one time pointed out today. This topic does not have anything to do with you. Is it clear enough now or do I have to repeat myself again?

And please cut the insults Moni. I do not see me insulting you here at all.

Is it too much to ask for to keep this thread on topic?

And yes, the voice of cod review kind of triggered it. I had a look in the review section, and skimmed through a couple of threads. And there in the same thread I also saw YOU complaining about the spam in the review.

381349[/snapback]

Ever considered the fact, the only reason the complaints were there in the 1st place, was because Mods wernt moderating spam in the reviews section?

Ever considered the fact, the only reason the complaints were there in the 1st place, was because Mods wernt moderating spam in the reviews section?

381355[/snapback]

I agree on that and that's why it need to be changed or as suggested another Moderator that will to keep an "eye" on that section. Personally I am with tekk. Just make a system that need zero moderation but where the rules are crystal clear.

Now people suddenly want more moderation, eventhough they didnt want more moderation before. There IS something contradictious about that, im sorry :(

381349[/snapback]

well, i don't know what everybody wants, most people don't want a big change.

i just mentioned a moderator who would keep an eye open. that doesn't mean i suggest we need a high moderation level.

And please cut the insults Moni.  I do not see me insulting you here at all.

381350[/snapback]

i do not see me insulting you here at all.

i wasted too much time with this story. see ya.

381355[/snapback]

So there HAS been complaining about the Reviews section? So what you are saying, things are NOT as perfect as they seem to be, and something NEEDS to be changed?

I never get any emails with reported spam in that section, sorry mate :(

My Email is: tekksupport@hotmail.com for those who want to report spam... :)