after their album "IFO" but it certainly has this outstanding-mindblowing

style of Pleiadians that got everyone crazy some years ago. Vinyl edition of

course for all the crazy psy-fans and djs out there. If you liked IFO you must

have this?BUY 9,5/10.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ubik

I don't agree with Stathis : Zeta Reticuli is good but too long and gets boring

and Jungle Trax has to be the worst of all Pleiadians trax, it goes absolutely

nowhere. 6/10 But I must say I'm not the biggest Pleiadians fan out there.

• 11 months later...
Guest Play I D Hence

I think there's a consensus to say that the worst Pleiadians track is Celaeno.

Anyway, this two tracks are fine if you like the IFO style. And a good track

which gets you lost is good sometimes ! :)

8/10

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

R-93228-1201168272.jpg

Artist: Pleiadians
Title: Pleiadians EP
Label: Flying Rhino Records
Date: 1996

1. Jungle Trax
2. Zeta Reticuli

If you had to pick some of the most influential Italians, who would you choose? This guy?

OVHth9O.gif

Maybe this one?

U87RA40.gif

Why do they revolve around violence? The answer is these guys:

vaVaAf4.gif

If I have to tell you who this is then you are not a true goa fan. What could very well be the greatest project of old school goa trance ever, released several EP's as well as the supreme being of the genre I.F.O. Their sound is melody, melody, and what the hell, more melody. They did it better than anyone and there is a reason they are the cream of the crop. It is the same people who are in Etnica, but they changed their name to release on a different label.

Jungle Trax- With an almost techno arpeggio, things get started with a bounce. The goa melody bobs and weaves and then thickens up giving the track volume. The cool thing is that the melodies constantly change as new sounds are added to the mix. Sharp, stinging leads penetrate the brain, as yet another melody ups the ante with more chaos, but you ain't seen nothing yet. The key change is maddeningly good and just when you think it's too much, it just keeps changing and rising. So, so delicious.

Zeta Reticuli- The synth rises and falls with the beat, while another lead scrambles overhead. Catch that kick roll? Subtle. The short break allows another melody to shine, but only briefly. There are so many changes in direction with new melodies replacing old ones while still keeping the driving flow moving. Nonstop, relentless, driving rhythm. This is for those that love the I.F.O. sound. With yet another break at 3 minutes to go, the track reorganizes itself, and remember that melody that was only there for a short time? It'ssssss....back! Full circle. An absolute classic.

Mdk

Edited by Trance2MoveU

^I've been thinking of writing full-sized reviews for a couple of old school albums to be honest. It's great to see new words on old releases. Cocco's are just awesome because of how he reflects on many things with them.

On topic, though, this is one of greatest EP's ever to grace goa-trance. I'm glad that these two tracks are split into many different compilations, although Zeta Reticuli is the rarer one, but still.

Both of these tracks are just bluntly put, superB. I feel like Jungle Trax is the more dance-floor/quirky/trippy oriented while Zeta Reticuli may as well have been on IFO because of it's enourmous depth. Whatever the Pleiadian guys had going on in their heads back in the 90's, I really want a glimpse of that. The sounds are so alien that it just makes me wonder. Zeta Reticuli literally takes you to the star system..

• Like 1

^I've been thinking of writing full-sized reviews for a couple of old school albums to be honest. It's great to see new words on old releases. Cocco's are just awesome because of how he reflects on many things with them.

I guess I understand that. Personally I'm not in to the whole super-in-depth review thing. I want at most a few words on each song, or better yet a short paragraph about a whole album (where applicable) to tell me if I should bother listening to samples or not. I'd rather hear the music and review it myself in my head.

As far as this thread...

Zeta Reticuli is good. I agree it might as well have been on IFO. I haven't heard Jungle Trax.

I like to stretch myself on occasion. ;)

As far as how to do my reviews, I'm torn. Sometimes an album is so poor or disappointing that there is no way I would waste my time going through all the tracks (See Brainwash album.) Others are so good that I feel if I don't describe it, I won't be doing this piece of art justice.

Obviously track by track is much more labor and time intensive. Above all I enjoy writing and hope that I am helping someone who wants to know about a certain release. Also, I like to add humor b/c it's tiring to just read what someone has written especially if it's track by track.

Mdk