Need your help!

snowball

So am going to order myself some cds in a few weeks and i was wondering if you can help me choose!

I am looking for :

Old melodic goa/psytrance (stuff that is still available from labels and online stores people ;) )

Not just albums,but also compilations!!!

I think you people know my taste but lets refresh your memory.

Dimension 5 (the masters :) )

RA

Transwave

Dreamweaver,Miranda,Juno Reactor,

Astral Projection (the old stuff of course),

Shakta

Prana

Hallucinogen

MWNN

Dogma

X-dream

California Sunshine

Asia 2001

Total Eclipse

MFG

Infinity Project

UX

Zodiac Youth

Mandra Gora

Etnica,

Psychopod

Chi-A.D.

Ubar Tmar

Cosmosis

Koxbox

Cydonia

Eat Static,

Shiva Shidapu.

Sorry for the long list!!! :ph34r:

SO its melodic stuff that i am looking for. Preferably old,from the golden era!

Good chillout/ambient .

Organic stuff is very nice,also with oriental influences like flutes ,tavlas etc. Didjeridoos are also lovely!Some deep and relaxing (but also trippy!) atmospheres.

Maybe some chanting to get in the mood,wind chimes earthly sounds ,water random relaxing sounds etc...

Shpongle,Shulman ,Aes Dana,Solar fields,Puff Dragon(excellent :) ) Celtic cross, (and a gazillion others that i forgot)TIP - Mystical Experiences plus the fahreneit compis,west coast liquid vol 2, are some examples. Just not ordinary Buddha Bar,or Ibiza Lounge music.I got plenty of that! :D

Re-released stuff!

Also there are some old albums that are being rerealesed lately on labels like Avatar. I havent kept a record on exactly what albums are being rerealesed,can you make me a list ? (pleeeeeease! :) )

technosomy and Hux flux are among them i think... :huh::unsure:

And One Dark album/compilation.

I allready own Lethal Doses,and i like it.Its quite good. Now this kind of music is not really my favorite but i am willing to braoden my musical horizons.(it also helps when djing! :P )

Thanks for reading all this!!! :)

You'd probably be interested in Dikovsky's Tandu and Pigs in Space projects. I know the former was re-released a couple years ago, but may be hard to find now, but the latter should be available. Well worth the ride. ;)

You'd probably be interested in Dikovsky's Tandu and Pigs in Space projects. I know the former was re-released a couple years ago, but may be hard to find now, but the latter should be available. Well worth the ride.  ;)

579023[/snapback]

thanks Otto,will check it out!!! :)

Actually, I just checked and Saikosounds has both albums in stock. Samples!  :D

579060[/snapback]

That tandu album you are talking about,is it multimoods? If that is it then i have it and its awsome! :)

am currently listening to pigs in space and it sounds good! :)

Guest antic

am currently listening to pigs in space and it sounds good! :)

Pigs In Space is soo much better than Tandu! Ofer's problem is when he tries to write melodies - he's not so good at it. Sometimes it works, more often it doesn't. I in particular hate his lead sounds, that's why I sold Tandu, but kept Pigs In Space, because the latter is more about rhythms, patterns and acid swirls... Buy it if you can! :)

Pigs In Space is soo much better than Tandu! Ofer's problem is when he tries to write melodies - he's not so good at it. Sometimes it works, more often it doesn't. I in particular hate his lead sounds, that's why I sold Tandu, but kept Pigs In Space, because the latter is more about rhythms, patterns and acid swirls... Buy it if you can! :)

579392[/snapback]

Some melodies on Multimoods are frickin' fantastic, like on The System for instance. But yeah, I generally agree that Pigs in Space is the superior album.

Also, snowball, I was thinking you might want to look into Ubar Tmar's stuff if you haven't done so. There's really nothing quite like it, and for me is a total trip in itself.

Don't forget the Cosmosis - Synergy album if you don't allready have it. I hope it's still available...

Guest antic

Don't forget the Cosmosis - Synergy album if you don't allready have it. I hope it's still available...

No, unless he's ready to spend 50$+ on eBay for it :(

BTW Snowball, it'd be easier to give you recommendations if I knew what you have already. Have you got discogs.com account?

No, unless he's ready to spend 50$+ on eBay for it :(

BTW Snowball, it'd be easier to give you recommendations if I knew what you have already. Have you got discogs.com account?

579407[/snapback]

yes of course! :)

here

the list is quite small, i have some other albums that i havent submitted cause i downloaded them,and i put in discogs only the originals i own. ;):)

i ordered cosmology an synegy from 101cd.com they said they had ii but its been 4 months now and they are still waiting for a delivery ;) at least they didnt charge me for it :D

come on guys help me out here! only 8 replies! maybe for the melodic goa i will have to search on my own but i know there are a lot of chill and ambient heads here,just give me some albums that you find amazing!(and that fit my description more or less!)

:)

i ordered cosmology an synegy from 101cd.com they said they had ii but its been 4 months now and they are still waiting for a delivery ;)  at least they didnt charge me for it :D

580336[/snapback]

I did the same thing with tetsu inoue's album :angry:

Websites should really update their catalogues. If they can't get it don't advertise it. It gets our hopes up.

So am going to order myself some cds in a few weeks and i was wondering if you can help me choose!

I am looking for :

Good chillout/ambient .

Organic stuff is very nice,also with oriental influences like flutes ,tavlas etc. Didjeridoos are also lovely!Some deep and relaxing (but also trippy!) atmospheres.

Maybe some chanting to get in the mood,wind chimes earthly sounds ,water random relaxing sounds etc...

Shpongle,Shulman ,Aes Dana,Solar fields,Puff Dragon(excellent :) ) Celtic cross, (and a gazillion others that i forgot)TIP - Mystical Experiences plus the fahreneit compis,west coast liquid vol 2, are some examples. Just not ordinary Buddha Bar,or Ibiza Lounge music.I got plenty of that! :D

578964[/snapback]

You might want to check out Androcell's 2 albums Emotivision & Effloresence. Which for me are very tripy and organic sounding. Also a compilation on celestrial dragon called Portal of Perceptions mixed my Aes Dana & including tracks by ishq, makyo, cell, HUVA Network & Aes Dana.

Check out ultimae records, they have a nice selection of really relaxing & trippy atmospheres. I recommend Oxycanta & Albedo comps, Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden & Asura - Lost Eden.

For oriental influences you might want to look at dakini records who released Puff Dragon's Sazanami. Makyo is a good bet aswell as the Sky Dancing comps & Ishq for very very chilled times.

For didgeridoos I think I mentioned Tom Heasley - Desert Triptych to you before, it's also very chilled & needs a special frame of mind to get into. Worth it though!

Happy shopping :)

Ofer's problem is when he tries to write melodies - he's not so good at it. Sometimes it works, more often it doesn't.

579392[/snapback]

Ummm, and what about OFORIA - DELIRIOUS ? Now that is pure melodic bliss, bite your tongue... :P