Thyssen street....

Guest Spiral17

This is for me the best inside place for a good dark party.... It is like an old factory or warehouse near central london....

But now since more than 1 year, it is closed and all the parties are in stratford @REX. It is nice but it hasn't the same energy than thyssen str...

Anybody knows more about this coz I would like to enjoy again this place...

Guest koolaid

Hello,

do you know what's happend to the drome too? They don't seem to publicise their parties at all, but they seem to have smallish underground ones every so often (techno usually)...

Havent seen any flyers in ages, but I know Tidy Trax was organising a big party there & they said that it had been completely refurbished?

Thanks!!

Guest Spiral17

Why the Fire dept closed this place? Was there not enough security ?

That's not a good news coz it was from far away the best place in London..

This place has something special, especially when the dj played harddd...

Mmmmmm....

Guest Hallucinogenious

the Fire Dept. might closed it cause it didnt supply all the standars ... hmm .. you know... if there was a fire there were no exit doors etc etc

Guest Astral Mike

The venue in question was "The Theatre Factory", on "Tyssen Street". It was closed down by the fire chief of hackney. Over the years the venue owner did not maintain the building to a safe standard. No money was spent on the venue as it was to be sold and reconverted to flats/appartments. It is now in the process of being turned into these flats. RIP "Tyssen Street". Some say it was great , some say it was a "Shit hole". I think it was both !!!

Heh i remember going to see infected mushroom at tyssen st a bit over a year ago.. place was full inside and a giant queue was outside.. crowd got angry and pushed down the main gate and rushed inside!!! beautiful!!