Cat#: FABU 016T

Rating: 3/5

Tracklisting:

A1: Hyperactive

A2: Zero Gravity

B1: The Law

B2: A Place Called Far Out

B3: I Love My Baby

Martin Freeland seemed to have been involved quite extensivly with the TIP project in the early days, and you can really hear his presence here. The synth programming is really tight and emphatic, like much of MWNN's later productions, which you can hear clearly in tracks A1 and B1. Hyperactive is a tweaked nighttime trance track and is probably the best track on the record, at least IMO. Zero Gravity lacks in power and falls short after maybe 2 minutes, I seriously don't like it all too much, the melody layers lacks imagination and I end up being quite bored.

The other side gives you The Law, it's quite stripped down but that does not bother me. It still has a nice groove and nice melodies throughout. A Place Called Far Out is very much more of a house tune, very bouncy sort of tune seemingly like it wants you to get into a real good mood. It actually succeeds somewhat, here you also get to hear Raja Ram on the flute for the first time (at least I think it's him) which adds significantly to the already feel good vibe. The track is nothing too special but it's still quite nice. I Love My Baby is a short track, fast paced and tweaked but like A2 it lacks power and I just grow tired of it.

A nice Mini-LP overall, tracks like Hyperactive is the main reason why you would want to get this. On the other hand it can't compete with the classic tunes they created later on, so it's not an essential must have piece of vinyl. Though if you stumble upon it I would suggest you buy it.