Year: 2003

Label: Boshke Beats

Cat-#: BBS008

Rating: 3/5

Tracklisting:

A: Fuzzion - E=mc^2

B1: Metalogic - El Bongonero

B2: Metalogic - The Lost Parameter

Fuzzion does indeed fit the boshke sound perfectly with minimal arrangement and a nighttime atmosphere. This track actually reminds me very much of Tony Rohrs track My Mind Is Going Dub, which I've heard from Chronika 2, in that it pretty much has the same buildup process, just with different sounds. You start from nothing and slowly adds each element of the track with a few bars inbetween. Soon you'll have an efficient techno track that shuffles along with nicely programmed rhythmic percussion a pulsating buzzing sound and a beat that will move you.

I've not really gotten into the Metalogic sound, but I know there is some potential there as long as he keeps to a four by four beat. El Bongonero is a tribal progressive track with a pretty nice groove, the atmosphere is still going nighttime and I think this could actually work very well on the dancefloor. The Lost Parameter, on the other hand, is not all too good IMO. It actually has a nice ghostly atmosphere but is ruined by the powerless erratic beat.

With this twelve inch Boshke Beats has litteraly made the Clangour CD redundant, only two tracks remain exclusive along with an intro and an outro track. Of course, it's all good for those CD junkies who now can own the 12" exclusive tracks on CD... but it's still seems somewhat strange to me.