1: Mrs. Vargas (Paul Brtschitsch Remix)

2: XV! (Original)

3: XV! (Ozy Remix V.2)

4: XV! (Ozy Remix V.1)

5: Mrs. Vargas (Original)

12" Tracklisting:

A: Mrs. Vargas (Paul Brtschitsch Remix)

B: XV! (Ozy Remix V.1)

To begin with, no I don't have the CD-single so it will be impossible for me to review the Ozys version 2 remix of XV! On the other hand I've heard the original XV!, also I've got the 12" version of this release and the 12" containing the original Mrs. Vargas.

The 12" opens with Brtschitsch remix of Mrs. Vargas, a more straightforward minimal progressive piece compared to the playful original one. A nice remix with the melodylayers sweeping through the track continuosly, and the atmosphere is still very laidback. It still also retains the polished hightech feeling as well, the break in the latter half gives this feeling lots of emphasis.

If the A-side was laidback the B-side is almost on the verge of making you doze. XV! original is typical MidiMiliz looptechno with FX-noises being tweaked, and sometimes they do indeed succeed but this time it just doesn't work all too well IMO. The original one also featured on Chronika Chapter 1. Ozy polishes this one down to a a few cluttery FX sounds, the distinct pitched electricity drone and a sound used as bassline that sounds like your swinging something big through the air, all in all a quite OK ambient techno piece, IMO.

This 12" might be a bit uneventful, still it's all high quality so I'm not unhappy I bought it.