discogs link

1 Culture (5:04)

2 Museum (8:46)

3 Identity (6:01)

4 Knowledge (10:00)

5 The Impossibility Of Isolation (6:44)

6 Ritual (11:40)

7 Progress (6:03)

A while ago by sheer chance I dicovered this guy's first album Aqua Divae and was totally blown away so I wanted to try out some other stuff from him. Anyway, fast-forward a few years later and I got this one which is his second album and was... dissapointed. This one is on the experimental side of things, I can't really say that any tracks here are trance (classic or goa).

Culture starts out with some... breakcore! Wierd, I know, then it goes on like some sort of experimental IDM crossblend.

Museum is a track that sounds like some tribal techno and is the one I like best here. There are some interesting ideas and a very slow buildup. It sounds a bit too repeptitive but at other times I found it to be quite enjoyable when in a certain mood.

Identity goes back into breakbeatish dark experimental territory. Not really my cup of tea...

Knowledge is some beatless ambient. It sounds very mysterious and a bit dark. Not really my thing but I can imagine that under the influences of certain substances this could be pretty interesting ;)

The Impossibility of Isolation is some techno made with loops from shaman singings. Again, some interesting ideas, but too repeptitive for me.

Ritual is some more beatless ambient with a lot of nature sounds and a bit of a sinister feeling to it all.

Progress could be best described as tribal hardcore... very repetitive, a lot of nature influences but an overall distorted sound and kick. Again, interesting but not really my cup of tea.

THE GOOD: If you like wierd experimental stuff, especially IDM you might like this

THE BAD: My biggest issue with it is that compared with Aqua Divae, it doesn't seem to have a "soul", the tracks just sound like he's experimenting with various sounds.

CONCLUSION: Pretty forgetable album unless you like wierd stuff. Otherwise, get Aqua Divae instead, it is MUCH better :) 2/5