v/a Soul Anatomy (Doof rec)

LLB

v/a Soul Anatomy (Doof rec)

Posted Image

Soul Anatomy (Dooflex / 2007) is compiled by Nitro & U-Reckon.

Mastering & masterdisc studios Israel

Art by Ayelet Ish

Tracklisting:

1. Eternity

U-RECKEN VS NITRO (Yaniv Ben Ari & Gil Dagan) after a cheesy intro, deliver some interesting floating leads during the track. So, sometimes Eternity has magical moments & otherwise some flat annoying typical Full On periods. I got a shared opinion on this one.

2. Bleep

QUANTUM (Gidi Snapir) might have decided to hit the French market thanks to some French samples in the intro of Bleep. Indeed apart the previous mentioned point, Bleep consists in 2 components for its structure. First one, is his personal style, quite pumping melancholic Night Full On ; a trademark which doesn't seem to have evolved a lot since the productions of his debut album. Second one, is a catchy melodic loop which is not usual from Quantum. It's especially noticeable as it nicely contrasts with the rest by its sprightly aspect. Nevertheless i have a regret on the harmony of the tune, the juxtaposition between both elements doesn't match fully, little matter of time stretching & tempo according to me.

3. Her Sister (NitroDrop rmx)

MAHAMUDRA (Sagiv Ben Giat, Ran Malka, Eyal Cohen) has a metallic Full on-groovy specific sound, you'll recognize it easily here. The tune benefits from the participation of Niv Hadar at the guitars, which impacts positively on the production, a decent tune.

4. Esta La Parakara

NITRODROP (Gil Dagan & Dima I-Drop) is not my cup of tea at all, too cheesy. I better undestand why & where comes from my shared opinion on the first track now :) .

5. The Island

I got a good memory of U-RECKEN (Yaniv Ben Ari) through one of his first track released on Doof "Ghost Ship". But actually i didn't got too much the ocassion of listening to his sound from then. I must admit, i recover partly some same qualities with 'The Island' such as an effort of using other bank tones which don't let the impress of always listening the 5-6 standard Full On sounds. Then after, the intrinsic quality of the song is ok but no more.

6. Criminality

MIND COMPLEX (Gleb Gold) isn't, what we could call, a prolific artists (it seems he only produces 2 tunes the last 2 years). Never mind, coz the guy has manage to create a real tasty gem. The kinda of stuff you just need to listen once, to immediately realize the hit potential.

Some adrenalistic reactions should, at least, occur with the bassline's change from 5'30 to 5'58 , if nothing emotionally special happened to you before :D.

7. Old School

There must be a major difference between European & Israeli about the meaning of Old School, as QUANTIZE (Reshef Harari & Adi Ashkenazi) deliver with this tune nothing else than usual Full On production, so don't waste your time if you're expecting neo-goa by here. Actually, the tune tends to be groovy, bouncy with a hint of robotic influence. Unfortunately it doesn't make it on me, too much predictable...

8. Betone (V. 2005)

LOUD (Kobi Toledano & Eitan Reiter) build a climate, but the path sounds tortuous like if they had different small ideas & tried to assemblate them all through one tune. So the mixture's alchemy is hard to obtain by moment.

9. Weirdo Beirdo

FLYBY (Assaf Artzi & Zeevic Gilad) makes apparently his debut in the psytrance scene with this tune. The atmosphere is at the same time twisted, hypnotic & dreamy with the whistling parts. It confers a genuine, bit of experimental production with weird feeling all along like penetrating into the twilight zone. It's my favourite track out of the compilation, very mental for me.

climax:9

preferences:2,3,6

mark:6/10