2009 - Shaping up to be an amazing year for psy!

Astrognomix

wow

reading this topic and seeing your enthusiasm, I realize that for me all this was more of a temporary thing

I dont understand how u can have such a permanent interest in goa/psy, more specifically these artists

how about exploring some other music :drama:

I'm not sure if you noticed, but this forum/website is called PSYNEWS.ORG. I would share my enthusiasm for other styles of music in a different forum, if I was quite as enthusiastic as I am about new psy-electronica. There aren't a lot of genres which are undergoing a huge transformation/birth like this in our current time, though that is not to say that there isn't great new music of all styles coming around all the time.

Anyways, I thought that was kinda meaninglessly negative for this thread.

Also, it's awesome to hear about the new Slackbaba album... didn't know that was coming around. At the same time, I am already drooling over the samples of Hallucinogen In Dub Live, and absolutely cannot wait for that. Alone I think it will make this a far better year than last, if not more.

looks to be a pretty good year for goa

still a lot of months left in the year, and hopefully some nice surprises still coming

I remain hopeful

enjoying merr0w, filteria, solar spectrum, apsy, minoru and a few others (yes I know a bit of prog stuff here,

but I'm a fan of a wide base of stuff)

also really enjoying dark ozz, disco hooligans, side liner and psykovsky new records

support it all I say, lest I have to start mixing the stuff myself!

thanks to all djs and compilers everywhere

cheers 2009!

Guest antic

Agree, lot's of awesome releases already there and a lot more coming soon: Cosmosis, Troll Scientists, Sienis, Principles of Flight, Afgin, HiD, YB and probably more we don't know about yet!

Nu-Metal So what acts would be defined as Nu-Psytrance? :lol::D

Since nu-metal was shitty metal with stupid MTV-friendly white rap vocals, I suppose that nu-psytrance would be shitty psytrance with stupid MTV-friendly white rap vocals. AKA Infected Mushroom.