3 Dinosour (Anomalia vs. Bond rmx) / Tube

4 My November (Magneto rmx) / Tube vs. Azax Syndrom

5 Groove Action (Tube rmx) / Tube

6 Generator (Karmacrop rmx) / Tube

7 Dangerous (Tube, Crazy Tone, Quad System rmx) / Tube vs. Skazi

8 Confessions (X-Team rmx) / Tube

9 Rock N Roll (Prospect vs. Digital Tribe rmx)(Feat. Michele A / Tube vs. Skazi

10 Damage Control (Twisted Reaction rmx) / Tube vs. Koxbox

I'm going to quote a few things from the promo. Let's start with the first sentence:

"Finaly, the long awaited Tube Remixes."

Posted Image

Notwithstanding the poor spelling, have we really been waiting for the Tube remixes? Really?

"The next generation of Push Records and Electronic Music."

Posted Image

Riiiiiiight.............

Personality by Tube was one of my first introductions to psytrance. I really liked some of the tracks and thought it was a good effort. The same can be said for his most recent release Confessions. That being said, I'm pretty sure I wasn't sitting up at night hoping against hope that some label would have the foresight and the ambition to release some Tube remixes. Well, my imaginary prayers have been answered as this was dropped by Push Records just recently. Let's look at the tracklist, shall we?

Posted Image

That's what you came up with? I thought the idea of a CD full of remixes was to make it better? (Read: less sh*tty) If you have been paying attention to Tube and where his music has been going (Chemical Crew) than you probably know what you are in for. Fear not sissies, I listened to it numerous times...so you don't have to.

Personality (Tube rmx)- And the total do over of his debut album begins. While not too terribly fond of their title track to their album, this has a crunchier, more frenzied sound. The melody is clear enough so that it doesn't sound like a different track altogether, but it has more ideas to keep it fresh. Isn't that the idea of a remix? The buildup at the crescendo made all that hard work almost worthless, but they recovered well. Pretty good.

Meet the monster (Noizepulse rmx)- "They could put an end to human civilization."

Another remix of the Personality album this time done by whoever the f*ck Noizepulse is. Just kidding you f*cknuts, this is Shahar Shtrikman & Yonatan Ramon from the Holy Land. It's futuristic, and brings a darker twilight edge to the track. I like the ominous melodies and sound choice is pretty good. Acid is plentiful and the groove is quite tasty. Good job guys.

Dinosour (Anomalia vs. Bond rmx)- I am always nervous when a good track is remixed because, well most of the time you can only f*ck it up. If it was me, I would only remix crappy stuff, but each to his own. Apparently Eli released an album in 2009 that totally eluded me called Signal Shock. Like guitar in your psy? Me neither. Nonetheless, there is a hint of metal here that is somewhat appealing. But if I wanted guitar in my psy I would dig up S.U.N. Project; I'm sure they're buried around here somewhere. Bottom line, the title is repeated ad nauseum and mostly the track annoys me. Pass.

My November(Magneto Remix)- I think Magneto has an affinity for Azax and his terrible music as of late, as this is the 2nd track he has remixed from Regev. Maybe that's a good plan, follow him and clean up the mess he invariably is going to make. Just a sidenote, Azax can you stop sucking and get back to producing tunes like you used to? Thanks.

Right off the bat this is an improvement as there is more flow and better sound selection. It's twilight to the bone, with acid stabs and echoing into breaks. It's all been done before, but it is still good. He's got some interesting short breaks that are not the everyday which helps, but don't overdo it buddy. The large break keeps with the futuristic theme and the end is not bad. A little too stop and starty so sort that out. Good stuff though.

Posted Image

Groove Action(Tube Remix)- Yet another remix off Personality. Guess he thought it really needed an update. It has a cyber feel to it with lasers and repeated sounds. Dark melodies predominate, and then there are the stupid samples, "Ooh la la" and "Groovy". Oh and don't forget the disco call. C'mon, who are you trying to appeal to? Still, there are enough twists to make me forgive, and there are some guitars as well. It's not bad, especially the ending, and I feel he is close.

Generator (Karmacrop RMX)- Sidhartha and Khopat took on...yep you guessed it another track from Personality. Here I have an issue with their choice of lead as it is just that generic metallic sounding stuff you've heard a million times before. The synth near the end is a better twisted sound as it snakes its way to the conclusion and that saves it from being just another number.

Dangerous (Tube Vs. Crazy Tone RMX)- I listened to the original which was on Chemical Playground and it had all the things that I would normally despise. Strangely enough I liked it. Same thing here. It's put together well, so the annoying stuff isn't that annoying. Sure there are stops and starts, build ups and guitars, but it is a funky little tune. Not great, but not the sh*tfest I thought it was going to be.

Confessions(X-Team Rmx)- There's an X-team now? Is that when a member of the A-team (cough, cough) cannot fulfill his duties they pull someone from the second string? Brass presets? Chopped up samples? Guitar? Oh yeah, it's in there. But by all that is holy, I find this a guilty pleasure. I should hate it, but I don't. Well, that is until the buildup. God, that is like f*cking up a wet dream.

Posted Image

Rock 'N' Roll (Prospect Vs. Digital Tribe RMX)- I'm noticing that as the titles get longer, the music gets crappier. Just something I picked up on. Holy Sh*t the digital guitar makes an appearance! So someone did dig up S.U.N. Project! This is as generic as it gets with the exception of the 303 sounding lead at three minutes or so. It owns, but don't worry, they'll f*ck it up with the singing. This can all be summed up by this :

Posted Image

Into The Future (Twisted Reaction RMX)- Well, we've reached the end of this journey and I would love to tell you that it finishes strong and ends on a high note. But I'm not a liar.

Posted Image

Wow, that went downhill fast. You know there's trouble when you see a lot of heads in hands on the pics I post. I think Tube is a good music producer and he certainly isn't the first artist to be a victim of sh*tty remixes. I also believe that if he made his music darker and stayed away from the stops and starts he could really excel in the twilight genre. But this effort is not something I would put at the top of my resume. It's commercial, mostly generic and not something I would recommend.

Goastore

Psyshop

Mdk