when commercial trance artists make goa

Lemmiwinks

Well usually it's the underground artists who decide to jump in the commercial bandwagon but it happens every once in a while that a commercial artist ventures into goa territory and usually the end result is pretty darn good IMO. I know of John 00 Fleming's attempts to get the best from both worlds but I've recently stumbled on this and was AMAZED, it makes the perfect morning track IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V9mXxe0TmM

what do you guys think? anything else like this out there?

Hmmm something is pretty contradictory here... A while ago you started a thread about 'undergroud artists' that started to make 'commercial crap'. you where talking about a trance track from protoculture, that is very similar in style to this track.

So when a commercial artist uses some underground elements, it's good music, but when it's the other way around, it's 'an underground artist making commercial crap'.

Something i don't understand, and apparently a lot of people here seem to think this way.

anyway, nothing against you personally, just a way of thinking i find pretty weird.

Good track by the way :)

Well, not actually Goa. Despite that Subtara's track from 3:00 on is pure Goa - but because that piece of melody is really a Goa track, I just can't remember its title (isn't it a Man With no Name's old track?).

But I think the formula is the other way round: some elements you think is Goa actually is 1980s trance, like the 303 that was incorporated into Goa, and not introduced by Goa.

Hmmm something is pretty contradictory here... A while ago you started a thread about 'undergroud artists' that started to make 'commercial crap'. you where talking about a trance track from protoculture, that is very similar in style to this track.

So when a commercial artist uses some underground elements, it's good music, but when it's the other way around, it's 'an underground artist making commercial crap'.

Something i don't understand, and apparently a lot of people here seem to think this way.

anyway, nothing against you personally, just a way of thinking i find pretty weird.

What he said. ;)

What he said. ;)

hmmm well said ;) Well I guess that the main issue is that in the end I prefer psytrance to regular trance hence I'll be bitching when an artist makes the kind of trance that I like less and will be happy when he makes the kind of trance that I prefer ;)

Well, not actually Goa. Despite that Subtara's track from 3:00 on is pure Goa - but because that piece of melody is really a Goa track, I just can't remember its title (isn't it a Man With no Name's old track?).

But I think the formula is the other way round: some elements you think is Goa actually is 1980s trance, like the 303 that was incorporated into Goa, and not introduced by Goa.

hmm you are saying that it is an actual rip-off? It might be, although I think that the arpeggio is just very similar to many many goa tracks out there without actually being a rip-off... And yes I guess you're right on the 80s stuff, still you have the oriental elements like in that Punjabi Child track that can't be attributed to 80s stuff IMO.

heyyy thanks, I didn't know that one :)