trance WITHOUT electronic instruments!

Lemmiwinks

Ah I'm sooo excited about this project. Basically I went to Ozora this summer and discovered this amazing group. 3 people, one doing a beatbox, one with a didge and one with a wierd instrument (apparently called a jew's harp?). Anyway, absolutely NO electronic instruments and yet, they were making this really cool trance! People were litteraly going crazy on the dancefloor!

I've searched everywhere for the project name since they weren't in the official line-up and I've finally found them. They're name is Airtist, however almost no material on the web, just a few videos and I must admit watching them on youtube doesn't give half the experience. Still, I'm happy to share with you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfXJ8V1-Mq8&feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y53Ek_mbzhg

At first sight it seems very original but I don't think I would listen to an entire album of this.

Watching performing them live is >50% why it's so great. At home I won't have that experience...

Still like the idea...

Hilight tribe is more my cup of tea, also non electronic.

I saw them live once for 4 hours not touching anything electronic as a matter of speech...

Awesome, a bit long 4 hours, but worth seeing.

When they release albums they use electronic sounds.

At first sight it seems very original but I don't think I would listen to an entire album of this.

Watching performing them live is >50% why it's so great. At home I won't have that experience...

Still like the idea...

Hilight tribe is more my cup of tea, also non electronic.

I saw them live once for 4 hours not touching anything electronic as a matter of speech...

Awesome, a bit long 4 hours, but worth seeing.

When they release albums they use electronic sounds.

Indeed Sideffect, you really have to see these guys live, the surprise of listening to how energetic the music is when you expect some ethnic chill-out to come out of there is like half the fun. Obviously when it's on a CD you don't really care how the sounds were made.

On the other hand... am I the only one who DOESN'T like Highlight Tribe?? People always go crazy about those guys, personally I find they're just a rip-off of older "natural" morning trance bands like Medecine Drum...

Indeed Sideffect, you really have to see these guys live, the surprise of listening to how energetic the music is when you expect some ethnic chill-out to come out of there is like half the fun. Obviously when it's on a CD you don't really care how the sounds were made.

On the other hand... am I the only one who DOESN'T like Highlight Tribe?? People always go crazy about those guys, personally I find they're just a rip-off of older "natural" morning trance bands like Medecine Drum...

Well rip off, I get your point, and agree/disagree...

it's tribal trance, how varied can you go?

If you know what I mean....