Music like Astral Projection - Amen

radi6404

So for all those who like the tracks of Astral Projection - Amen I have something to recommend. This stuff is a bit repetative but for me very trancey and the sound quality is very good and the sound for me is closer to goa trance than to everything else

could be Heaven`s Gate aswell

I have to check other tracks by him and other artists in that area, the music is amazing in sound and almost has the characteristic of goa trance. It is a bit too simple.

you should put this in other electronica!

what the hell is this got to do with astral projection??????

the only similarity between this and amen......... is they are both crap!

sorry radi this is not a dig, just my opinion

come on Technosomy, we were gettlong along better. Neither Amen nor this is crap. Amen is the favourite Astral Projection album by some users and the word crap is a hard word anyway. You don`t refer to music as crap since it can be the favourite music of someone else. But honestly I don`t love this music either, it sounds good but the structure is too simple. Amen is better than this and for me a very good album, nothing is crap about Amen. This music is not such a real dig as Ott for example but nwoadways we have to be happy about small digs. For me it is better than some shiny ambient from ultimae records for example.

In musical context it is a hard word because it should not be used to refer to any music genre, any music genre except music genre that contains vulgar words itself.

um excuse me, i have heard you use far worse words against other artists many times

the fact you on purpose mis spelt shity to shiny against ultimae, is just one example. (we been on to you for some time now)

i would be careful speaking out against ultimae, as this label has many fans more than the CRAPPY amen!

um excuse me, i have heard you use far worse words against other artists many times

the fact you on purpose mis spelt shity to shiny against ultimae, is just one example. (we been on to you for some time now)

i would be careful speaking out against ultimae, as this label has many fans more than the CRAPPY amen!

No, you are wrong this time. You think I am that transparent but I am not. With shiny I meant the ambient albums with shiny production quality and I spoke about it a few days ago. I think you should remember this.

"amen is crap" is the internet equivalent to "i'm sorry, i can't agree with you on that one. i do enjoy their other albums more" irl. does the internet lack politeness or is it just more honest? you decide.

btw, amen is a great album, just as good as the older ap stuff. still i don't see any similarity between amen and the tracks in the first post except for the bass patch in the second vid maybe.

"amen is crap" is the internet equivalent to "i'm sorry, i can't agree with you on that one. i do enjoy their other albums more" irl. does the internet lack politeness or is it just more honest? you decide.

btw, amen is a great album, just as good as the older ap stuff. still i don't see any similarity between amen and the tracks in the first post except for the bass patch in the second vid maybe.

no just honesty, i think the only ones to be sorry are astral for producing it!

each to your own fellas, just my opinion

No, you are wrong this time. You think I am that transparent but I am not. With shiny I meant the ambient albums with shiny production quality and I spoke about it a few days ago. I think you should remember this.

no transparents not the word i would use, time and a place for honesty!

apologies radi, for mis interpreting your words

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to those tracks again and found that the melodies are very good but the structure is not that great. The climax could be much more complex and support the melodies, but the way they are the tracks consist only of one or two melodies, which is not enough to make them interesting enough

• 5 months later...

I listened to those tracks again and listened to many other tracks by Michael Cassette. In myopinion the music is impressive, except that the mastering and mixing are a bit harsh. The music itself is incredible in my opinion, because such melodies are really uncommon and very twisted. Some people say this is house, others say it is trance. In my opnion this is trance and it is very hypnotizing and twisted.

Since we are talking about Amen here I would like to say that I really really respect that album. Avi and Lior took their familiar formula and changed it up dramatically. Everything from the song structures, to the melodies, to the production took a huge shift. In this sense I do not think it is fair to compare it to their earlier albums. If Amen was the only album we ever heard from AP I think everyone would really love it. With that in mind, a couple of the tracks are not so good like Sticks & Stones and Anything Is Possible. As for tracks with repetitive melodies like Infinite Justice and Heaven's Gate I think many people kind of miss the point. The production is trancey, it's ethereal, the melodies shimmer and I think overall the album is effective at doing what AP is known for. They found a decent balance between their old sound and the newer full on sound which I have nothing but great respect for.

Also Amen is light years ahead of MFG's failed adventure in full on in 2006.