Chicks and Goa

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, i think it all depends on what country you live in, every country has his own scene, so…

But here in Belgium i can say there are loads of ladies into psY!! For myself I never spend my time in the chill-out, I prefer dancing till noon…and so do my other friends ( guys AND girls). My musical taste goes from minimal to full-on to happy morning trance to ambient to breakbeat,…I think it doesn’t matter if you’re a guy or a girl, if you fall in love with this music, you hang on to it and try to learn more about it, buy as much music that you can get, and keep on listening, dancing & enjoying each and every sound in it…I even try to mix sometimes ( I don’t say I’m any good, but at least it shows my interest in other then only listening & dancing)… musical structures, samples, layers, I want to know it all.

I listen to psY from when I get up till I go to sleep again, and those who says/thinks girls are “not into it” or “don’t get it”……………….well they’re wrong, soooo wrong!

PsY is music for everybody, no matter how you look, how old you are, what skin-colour you have, and what sex you are,….

***PLUR***

Guest Slidingtrancer

My g/f used to call my metal stuff ' Angry youngsters with guitars'

She calls goa/psytrance ' Angry youngsters with nasty synths'

Its a proven fact girls are more open to high sounds and guys need to hear bassy low frequency sounds to soothe themselves...

Just listen to stuff most girls... lets take 2-step or r&B .. ain't much 'low' in that.

All girls want to be princesses basically and goa/psytrance is too weird/vague for MOSt girls

Guest PuuhaMees

We r humans all & what comes to sensin sounds it is just the same 4 male & female, think what u want. Psy is as weird and vague 4 most guys as well if thats your argument.

Guest AtomikElf

ok elysium u horny 'ol bugger, enough of that shnoek shnoek huh ;) don;t try 'n be shlick daddy around us young men here, hehe ;)

cool vibes

"intensual"

Guest Slidingtrancer

There's more girls hanging out in the chillout rooms at parties than men !

Damn I must visit the chill-out sometime...

Elfie --> I LUV freax :D

Guest Jikkenteki

Weird, I actually know more girls into goa than guys. Of course most of them are in Japan too. Where I am now (Minnesota) I only know about 5 people who even know what goa is even with in the "Dance Scene" here....

Guest Taika-Kim

I have given some thought to this thing lately...

I also have the impresson, that most girls tend to like more emotional, happy (sorry, we have a better word for this in Finnish "onnellinen", the English equivalent doesn't contain the exact meaning I'm after) music than most guys that are seriously into electronic music.

I daresay, that in the last some years, the whole techno scene has been quite much about "boy music", and there hasn't been much genuinely happy, content, down-to-earth, naturalistic, emotional and most of all, _melodic_ music released or played in parties.

(some hard-whatever NRG genres are melodic, but they are usually also quite brutal and ruthless genres IMO...)

Of course this is a rather heavy generalisation, but one thing I've noticed is, that really many girls that don't really like my full on goa tracks, love my "happy arcade videogame powerdisco summer" tunes. Even those that usually don't like electronic music.

[insert blatant advert]

This is a fine example:

http://avp.greywolves.org/music/apinavuori...501_Tao_Tao.ogg

[end advert]

But it's not as simple as this...

It has has more to do with personality, though, than sex I think.

IMO many genres of electronic music emotianlly reflect technocratic, conservative values, and this is also reflected in the people that tend to like this kind of music.

People who are more into the minimalistic, depressive technical types of techno are often more the right-wing type personalities, whereas people who are more into goa trance and such tend to be more on the left.

This might sound like complete bollocks, but this is the observation I have personally made at least here in Finland.

Isn't it logical?

People who are in close harmony with themselves and their surroundings connect more easily with happy and content music, whereas people who don't live with this kind of harmony, connect more easily with the colder, and maybe more melancholic sounds.

People who are in harmony and happy with themselves, also usually tend to care more for others and be less selfless and liberal than the more reserved conservative types.

Females in general are more caring and "warm" persons than males, thus their tendency to like the warm and humane sounds in music, too.

Uhh? Maybe I should just get some sleep?

Whay say you?

in canada i know just as many girls who are into psy as boys..

i think really the problem here is that girls don't hang out on the internet. and the reason for that is that the internet sucks.

thank you goodnight

I love my Psy which ever way you want to serve it. It's a bit of generalisation to say that chicks would only dig a certain style of psy (ie chill out - happy psy) and that most chicks would find full on psy unbearable..And I know most out there on this forum would agree.... I find poorly produced and cheesy psy unbearable, that's the @!#$ i don't like listening to. No matter what sort of Psy or any type of music my ears are exposed to, there has to be some element in the track that makes me think, "now where the hell did he/she pull that from or put that together?". When these sort of questions are raised, I know I am listening to something good no matter what the style is. ; )

Guest vasyachkin

see my point ? internets sucks to them too. i know a girl, her daddy makes plenty of money, for her 18th birthday he gave her brand new mitsubishi eclipse, so she could definitely afford DSL :))) but NOOO she doesn't want it - fukin dumb.

Guest sage2012

d00d, if you live in SC than you really should consider to making it out to one of the psytrance parties that go on regularly in asheville nc and here in atlanta ga...

and as far as chix are concerned, they are all about the psysound in a'ville...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PURE TRANCE

Wednesday 01/23/02 - Club NV 713 spring St. Atlanta, GA.

Doors open @ 10:30

18+ to enter - 21+ to drink

The line up:

- dj invisible (Atlanta)

- dj Amm - Dee (Atlanta psy trance / Israel)

- Michael Curran (Touch Samadhi / Atlanta) http://www.touchsamadhi.com

The music:

Psychedelic & Goa Trance

Full - night, Full - on.

( Goa trance featured in creative loafing http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/vibes_menu8.html )

Tickets:

10$ at the door

Deco:

- The “BlackLight Crew” will set the club with all black light accessories -

Black Light power.

- Mutagen Visuals - http://www.mutagenvisuals.com - interactive video show.

* We have about 70 cd's (Psychedelic Move - dj Amm -Dee) to give away - for the First 70 ppl to show up!

** Every thing is set, and we hope that it is going to be a good start for the Goa/Psy trance scene in Atlanta.

*** We know it’s in the middle of the week - but we need your support.

Hope to see you all -

Bom Balanat.

Atlanta Psy Trance crew. http://www.atlantapsytrance.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PSY - FRI

January 25, 2002

Asheville, NC

Let us welcome the New Year 2002

by starting our events off right.

Come celebrate with us and join Atlanta resident Michael Curran.

Michael Curran is becoming a favorite in the Asheville area.

Let's see what kind of psychedelic fun Michael can get us into,

with his groovy psychedelic journey as he his known!

Join us as we bring you "PSY - FRI" every last friday of the month at club

Mix in downtown Asheville, NC, USA.

Michael Curran - Touch Samadhi - Atlanta

Kri - Touch Samadhi

DJ Moksa - Athens, GA

The Devotee - synthetic eye candy environment in a psychedelic cyberspace

Trance Form Venus - Black Light Ritual Performance

@ Club Mix, Asheville, NC

Located behind La Cama and Hairspray

Directions from East:

i-40 to 240 (Asheville) then exit Monford Ave

turn left at light

then left at next light

then immediate right on S. French Broad

club is on the right

Directions from West:

i-40 to 240 (asheville) then exit Patton

then left on S French Broad

club is on left

Directions from Atlanta/South:

i-85 N to i-40 west, follow directions from west

Admission $10

18 and up with a valid ID from 10 pm until....

Info 828.691.2207 or 828.258.0874

The Touch sound system will be there guarantying you the best, clearest,

and highest qaulity sound around !

Click to view flyer...

Front: http://www.touchsamadhi.com/images/psyfrif...ifrontsmall.jpg

Back: http://www.touchsamadhi.com/images/psyfribacksmall.jpg

Upcoming Events

22 February 2001 - Wild Bill

29 March 2001 - Derby

http://touchsamadhi.com/splash.asp

This kind of bullshit is exactly why girls are in minority here. Open your eyes goddamn it, this really pisses me off, and I'm a really peaceful kind of person. Where I live girls are a really driving and creative force in the trance scene. We arrange parties, create music, sew clothes, travel, dj, paint deco and a lot of other things in the trance culture. Most of the most wonderful and creative personalities in the scene here that I come to think of are girls. If you meet them you don't forget them. I'm sick of hearing the same kind of prejudiced crap over and over again here, if there are not many girls around you then do something about it, think about maybe changing your arrogant attitude.

And the reason why there are not many girls producing music is because society is not as understanding about girls that are obsessing with something. If your a guy, it's much more okay for you to ignore everything and everyone else to evote all your time to your passion. People are not as understanding if a girls does that, they always expect girls to give a lot of attention to boys and their interests.

Sorry but I had to get that out of my system.

vasyachkin - and what's so "fukin dumb" about not wanting to be on the Internet you stupid twat? Why don't you make a list of all the activities that are to be considered intelligent and see if anybody cares. I'm starting to get really bored and even annoyed by the Internet myself, often I'm not too impressed with the level of intelligence and wit being displayed.

What's happening to the goaculture that I love so much?

*sad*

Guest Elysium Project

I totally agree Maïa.

I must also say that my view of the whole scene has changed quite a bit after I came to this forum....On one hand I ahve meet some very unique and nice people but I must say that I in 75% only see a lot of inmature spoiled brats who got absolutely no idea about what this scene is all about!

If it's only me that feel this way then it's my problem but I see more and more people feeling teh same way!

Maybe we "old" don't really have a saying anymore but the "young" kids could learn a lot from us (as we can learn from them) - especially about how to accept other opinions and views!

Personally I miss more girls in this forum so the balance get more even.....I am sure the forum would be a lot nicer and interesting!

Guest PsYoNic

....i hear ya Maïa and Elfie....a lot of the guys on this forum are so uptight about this "girl thing".....actually about a lot of things....maybe that's just because some of them are the puberistic-macho-one way thinking type of males.....(....don't even start about nude women or they will spam the whole site with twisted fetish pics.)