aeternum - a darker approach to goa trance

radi6404

aeternum in my opinion is a very impressive artist. The sound of his goa trance tracks is darker and different to other styles of goa trance. I like the track Ensanity a lot. It is a dark and twisting track and sounds melancholic and hypnotic. I always found this track unique when I first heart it, than I forgot it´s name and could not listen to it for many years until I finally found it again today and remembered it was on Tantrance 4. Does anyone know similar tracks to this one, since I have not heart similar tracks except from aeternum himself, but he has only few tracks released. For me Ensanity is one of the best goa tracks out there and is very emotional and dark, it has a very strong feeling towards as if it represents love. I have no words for this track, the dark atmosphere and the sweet melodies are something that is not found in many other trance tracks and I have big respect to this artist.

Give time my fnd. Barely 6 hours had passed. Do you think everyone is living on psynews ready to post immediately to (anyone's) posts? How many times did we repeat this?

Aeternum yes, Ensanity is a great track, how not. It reminds me slightly of MFG for some reason. Like most from the overlooked Koyote Records this track is melodic and dark and slightly sinister at the same time. Yesterday was listening to Interplanetary Explorer on the hopelessly rare A Party is for Life not just for Xmas. Nice track but definately not at par with the topic starter track.

Try Spiritual Transgression from Encens, also a Koyote artist. Note that there are 2 versions of this, I think the longer version is slightly better.

sinister is definatly the right word for that impressive masterpeace. For me this track means much more than simply a goa track. it is a very powerful and hypnotic peace of music that has feelings, drive, emotion towards it to such an extend, that it can change your mood for several days and affect your actions and feelings. When I heart the track the first time I could not trust my ears. it was exactly a kind of song I was looking after. Very melodic, dark, very sinister, I got lost emidiatelly after listening towards and after the track stopped I felt much different. It was in the middle of autumn and a depressive feeling awake in my after listening to this untouchable peace of legendary music. A depressive feeling that I liked, as if dark snowy clouds are up in the sky and we feel depressed of the winter. On the other hand the track has sweet characteristic, it feels like a sweet but cold winterlove. You can get in love with someone in winter and it certainly feels different and colder as when you fall in love during spring or summer, the feeling is more sweet but less europhic, that is the case with this track aswell. Sweet but not euphoric. It also has aggression in it, there are not a lot of goa trance songs that have as much aggression in it as this one, maybe that is why you think it sounds similar to MFG, since MFG has aggressive tracks aswell. The whole New Kind of World album is very aggressive in sound however much less dark than this track. It is really great that such music exists, peace and respect.

Fantastic idea, Radi describes the feelings the music gives very nicely and I think he's shown before that he can write English quite well when concentrating.

On Topic

I heard Aeternum - Sunstorm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HML5Xu3C-G8

I like it a lot, dark squelchy trance :)

But do those feelings apply for other people aswell or are my personal feelings quite different to the feelings of other members? What do you think abasio, does my description agree with your feelings about the track? What do the others think? It is for sure a good idea and I could improve my English skills with it and maybe use them as reference for writting jobs, but the question is, what do label owners think about it?

Anyway, I appreciate your commends about the review posts a lot, thank you.

It's difficult to say as I read your thoughts on it before I listened and while I agreed with them I am not sure if I was influenced by your writing.

You are not going to get label owners to give you free music to review straight away, you'll have to prove yourself first, I recommend writing more reviews here in the review section and....don't restrict yourself to old releases either, reviews of newer releases will get you more recognised as will reviewing a mix of styles and albums you love, like, are not fussed about and hate. Even then it's hard to get free music but it would still be an excellent exercise to help practice your English skills.

It might have indeet, but that is not a problem. After you listen to it several times, you will have your own feelings towards this track.

Aktually Abasio, I was preparing to create a goa trance information page but the project is frozen at the moment because I don`t have spare money for webspace at the moment. If I had webspace I could create an internetsite. Sometime this year porbably I will have money that I can spend for webspace and create the internet site.