4. Flesh Spirit

5. Past Recognition

6. Broken

7. Necrobiosis

8. Life Left

9. Struggling

10. Her Dark Shadow

11. All Hope Gone

Simon Heath is the head of Cryo Chamber Records and is probably best known for his dark ambient project Atrium Carceri. This is the type of music the label wants. It's in their mission statement. Sjellos is German Tibor Knopf and he constructs 11 vignettes of dark beatless ambient about a deserted freighter traveling through deep space. If you like spooky movies that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up then here is your soundtrack. It's a tale of ghosts while slow eerie sounds echo off the metallic hull with booming reverberation. There is an evil, supra natural presence here; dark and forboding. Effects usher in chilling cold as ancient relics sit beside the hum of modern machinery.

Very dark and scary. The album is more a collection of sounds and effects than musical instruments. The melodies that are present are twisted and distorted to further exacerbate your fear of the dark. It's slow and best listened all the way through to get wrapped up in the horror he creates. I think he does more with less. Like all dark ambient you have to be in the mood for it. Probably need, oh I dunno, some darkness to get the full effect. Listening to this on the beach with the sun blazing is missing the point.

We love to be scared don't we? And those whispers in Her Dark Shadow scared the sh*t outta me.

Bandcamp

Mdk