Upcomming, Preorder or Available Goa, Psytrance, Psybient Vinyl Releases

• 2 months later...

From Twisted newsletter;

"We are also delighted to announce what will surely be a welcome surprise for Twisted fans: a new mini-album by Simon Posford and Raja Ram! Improvisations for Piano & Flute is a collection of eight tracks that are… well, improvisations for piano and flute featuring the two master musicians! It has just this week been mastered at Abbey Road Studios and will soon be available - watch this space!"

According to Simon this will be vinyl only at first.

"And for those waiting with bated breath, we will soon be announcing pre-sales of the long-awaited 2nd vinyl volume of The Complete Hallucinogen, a five-LP set featuring all of the released solo original Hallucinogen compositions that were not on the two albums. Stay tuned!"

images.thumb.jpg.3c748692fa3b670be251e6a7445b71a0.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Negative Mode ON: I refuse to support/buy any release that is vinyl only and not on a CD. Even though I am missing some great music, I know. The way I see it, the only reason for something to be released only on vinyl is because you have to rely on the "recent" hippie trend of vinyl to make good sales. And the fault lies with the consumer, if you think music is good enough to own physically, why do you "skip" on CDs? Maybe because you are not buying for the music per se, but for collecting vinyls.

Negative Mode OFF: Regardless, I am happy that more music is finding its way to a physical format, one way or another.

I think the trend of vinyl (and sometimes cassette) only releases is because they are not uploaded to bit torrent trackers as quickly. It takes a bit more effort and time to pirate analog music than a web file or CD.

Not saying this is always the reasoning behind these decisions, but I'm sure it's part of it...

15 hours ago, Widar said:

I understand you. I'm not buying anything that releases only on CD.

Touché :)

14 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

I think the trend of vinyl (and sometimes cassette) only releases is because they are not uploaded to bit torrent trackers as quickly. It takes a bit more effort and time to pirate analog music than a web file or CD.

Not saying this is always the reasoning behind these decisions, but I'm sure it's part of it...

I don't think that's it. Most of those releases are available digital as well straight away. For the ones that are not, probably, yes.

Glaring example of the Vinyl collector culture (and not music fan) is Younger Brother's Vaccine. Without passing judgement, a commercial fail that was heavily criticised by fans and the group alike. Vaccine electronic was released only digitally to make up for the original release. And yet, somehow, after years they both got rereleased in vinyl format. Why did Vaccine electronic skip the CD format? It is cheaper to produce and of superior quality (😈😈😈).

BTW, is it analog music if it's digitally re/mastered?

P.S.

Don't even get me started on the "remastered" craze. 

Yeah. I was annoyed by the Vaccine Electric release too.
I very much pirated that and was then happy to finally give them money once they did the vinyl release.

As a person who doesn't even have a CD player anymore, my favorite release style is the vinyl with included audio download (but I hate it when it's MP3 and I have to pirate it regardless)

I definitely sympathize with your frustration regarding the format isolation, even if it doesn't impact me personally.