2. Moving 7’32 / 142

3. Intruder 8’13 /144

4. Illumina 6’33 / 144

5. Trouble Shooter 7’03 / 144

6. Phoenix 7’29 / 145

7. Electric (live) 7’30 / 143

8. Dreamer 7’38 / 140

9. Chillum 7’33 / 120

Silent Sphere swiss band composed of Simon Weber & Adrian Schaller presents their debut album Dance on Midijum with a mastering made by Marc Engeman (Element).

Track 1. A puffing start for this album which let entersee the musical universe of Silent Shepere (here Simon Weber in solo) in its qualities (morning emotionnal stuff) & drawbacks (some clubbytrance tones for example), the kind of good enough stuff for a warm up album.

Track 2. This one has the particularity to be produced with Cosma, it results a darker morning atmosphere typical from latest Cosma’s production on Nonstop , at 4’00 you got a classic cycling up arpeggiator theme ; Globally you’ve got a more emotionnal content than in previous one.

Track 3. It’s maybe one of the most clubbytrancey influenced tune in its tones but don’t worry not that much as i enjoy it.

Track 4. Silent Sphere teams with Dj Bim for this one deeper with a short piano break after 4’00, the thing evolves into something more dancefloor which could be compared to some Protoculture’s tunes.

Track 5. Also made with Bim, Trouble Shooter is less attractive evoluating in a darker atmosphere.

Track 6. Another Simon solo track with guitar this time for the break, then once again evolves into something close to Protoculture sound even if the guitar remains during this moment.

Track 7. Electric is without doubt one of the highlight of the album for me. It’s a live version recorded at a Midijum label party. The tune is happy, bouncy even if on the end some tones will sounds clubbytrance for somebody.

Track 8. Some vocals here which aren’t really interesting too clubby & contributes more to ruin the track than anything else nevertheless musically speaking it’s good, some arpeggios with sweet & nice leads.

Track 9. Made with M.kuoni, as the name says it , we’re processing a chill-out tune now, like if we aren’t be refreshed enough with the 8 first songs, beautifull, comtemplative & emotionnal, with an accoustic guitar imitation melody.

Favorites :3,4,6,7,8

An nice morning refreshing album for a sunny summer, the only worry would be are you strong enough to resist to the present all along clubby-trance influences & that’s the question.

7,5/10

This is one of my favourite albums so far this year. I really like the style of Silent Sphere: lots of melodies and soundeffects but not in the full-on style of GMS and similar artists. I don't think that the album is too clubby, it's just a nice mixture of progressive and melodic elements.

• 11 months later...